Liv: I'm not this girl. I just don't screw up. I just don't get demoted. It's like I don't have anybody. I feel so alone.
Daniel: Hey. Babe, I'm right here. You miss your friend, especially now. She'd know just what to say.
Liv: I'm mad at her too. She went for the hair. Girlfriends don't do that.
Daniel: You'll fix it. And if you can't, I love it. I do. You're like this very tall, very hot Smurf.
Liv: Oh, honey. It's not just about the hair. I'm mad because maybe she's right. And it's exhausting having to try to be perfect all the time. That's how I held it together ever since I was a kid. I figured nothing - nothing bad would happen again if I was just...one step ahead of everything and everybody, all the time.
Daniel: Life isn't perfect, hon. It's messy.
Liv: You're right. I mean, I was gonna be perfect for you...but now that you say it's impossible - Hey.
Daniel: No, you don't. No, you don't have to be perfect. I've always wanted a human wife. Yeah, the other ones are just...too hard to inflate.
Fletcher: Hey. Almost back to normal, huh?
Emma: I know, right? I have, like, one layer of skin left, but that should be okay for our wedding. So, oops, sorry, Liv. I wish I had pictures. You know? It's like I was up there, and there's this spotlight, and when I hit that rope - Oh, my God!
Fletcher: Hey! Enough, enough, enough! I've heard this story 10,000 times, Emma. You've been acting a little wild lately. Okay? And I'm tired of it. So knock it off. Lately you've been very mad and tense and excited. You know what? I just don't know how to deal with this. OK? And quite frankly, you have me questioning whether or not...this is something about - to do with the wedding or if this is permanent.
Emma: Um, well, Fletcher, it is kind of permanent. You know? I mean it is possible that I might be mad or tense or excited more than once in the next 40 years.
Fletcher: Is it? Really? You know what? You're doing it right now.
Fletcher: You're being, not, I mean, not bitchy, but - I said "not bitchy." But you're right there in that neighborhood. You should have the cab, like, take a U-turn...drop you off at Pleasant and Nice, where we met.
Emma: Are you upset because of this thing with Liv...
Fletcher: Oh, totally.
Emma: ...or because I'm having feelings? Because it's kind of hard to read you.
Fletcher: My God! That's totally it. I'm upset because you have feelings. You nailed it.
Emma: Okay. So in other words, then don't have so many feelings, but if I do, don't show 'em. I shouldn't have so many-
Fletcher: Oh, God! I can't even talk to you right now!
Emma: You haven't tried yet. Do you realize - Do you know how hard this is for me? I don't even know who you are. You have not even tried to ask me about how I'm feeling. I'm so confused.
Fletcher: I don't even know who you are. All right? I don't want to talk. It's a tense time. We're fine. Whatever. I was gonna go to the gym. Bye.
1. screw up: 弄糟，搞乱，把......弄得一团糟。不习惯失败滋味的Liv因为工作上的失误感到很崩溃。看一下例子： She had screwed up and had to do it all over again.（她把事情搞砸了，只得重新做过。）
2. demote: 使降级，使降低地位。影片中指Liv因为在工作中情感失控而被老板降职。例如：demote a soldier from corporal to private（把士兵从下士降到列兵）。
3. Smurf: 蓝精灵。
4. messy: 杂乱的，混乱的。例如：a messy bed（凌乱的床）；messy thinking（紊乱的思想）。
a messy heavy smoker（邋遢的烟鬼）；a messy situation（难以对付的局面）
5. inflate: 吹捧，使得意，使骄傲。影片中Daniel指如果他娶的妻子太完美，那么要哄她就太难了。看一下例子：One could inflate or diminish a person by a few words.（人们寥寥数语可以把一个人捧得趾高气昂，也可以把一个人贬得无地自容。）
6. knock it off: 别再讲下去了。请看例子：Will you kids knock it off? I can't focus. （够了，小鬼们，停下来。我都没法集中精力了。）
7. bitchy: 令人讨厌的，脾气坏的。看一下例子：He is a difficult and bitchy man.（他是一个难以相处又令人讨厌的人。）
8. read: 读懂，察识。例如：read sb.'s thoughts/mind（读懂某人心思）；He reads other people's moods fast.（他善于一下子察识他人的情绪。）
9. nail: 说破，揭穿。Fletcher气冲冲地对Emma说：我生气是因为你有感情，被你说中了。这是吵架时的气话。看一下例子：nail a lie（揭穿谎言）；nail the truth（挑明真相）；We'll nail them if they're lying.（要是他们说谎，我们就揭穿他们。）