Unit 1 Greetings 问候
 
1.Dialogue
  
张先生与格林先生是一对忘年交。一天,他们在路上相遇了,看来他们好久没有见面了,他们彼此问候着对方的情况,并相约下周一起吃饭。从这篇对话中,我们可以学到熟识的朋友之间应该怎么问候。
  
A: Good morning. Mr. Green.
早安。格林先生。
B: Good morning. Mr. Zhang.
早安。张先生。
A: How's everything going?
近来好吗?
B: Really fine. Thank you. And how is your wife?
很好。谢谢。你太太好吗?
A: She felt a bit off color, but she's much better now. Thank you.
她觉得有点不舒服,但是现在好多了。谢谢你。
B: Well. I'm glad to hear that.
嗯。我很高兴听你那么说。
A: And how is everyone at your house?
你的家人都好吗?
B: Quite well. Thank you. I'm meeting my wife and son for lunch at 12 oclock. Would you care to join us? John really missed you.
很好。谢谢你。我12点要跟我太太和儿子会面吃午饭,要不要一道去?约翰很想念你。
A: Oh, me too. I'd love too, but I'm afraid I can't, I already have a lunch engagement. How's John?
哦,我也很想念他。我很乐意一道去,不过恐怕不行,我午餐已经有约了。约翰最近如何?
B: He's fine.
他很好。
A: What's he doing these days?
最近他都在做些什么?
B: Oh, he's studying Chinese.
哦,他在学习汉语。
A: That's good.
这很好。
B: Well. Then, perhaps we can get together another time.
嗯,那么,也许我们可以再找个时间聚一聚。
A: I hope so, too.
我也希望如此。
B: Are you free for our party next Friday evening?
你下星期五晚上有空参加我们的聚会吗?
A: Friday? Yes, I'm free that evening.
星期五?好的,那天晚上我有空。
B: Well, we're having a few friends in for dinner, and we'd like you and your wife to join us.
嗯,我们有几个朋友来家里吃晚餐,我们希望你和你太太能一道来。
A: It's very kind of you, Mr. Green. We'd be much like delighted to accept your invitation.
格林先生,你真好,我们很高兴接受你的邀请。
B: Well. I think I'd better be running along, my wife is waiting for me.
好了,我不得不走了,我太太在等我。
A: OK. Have a nice time. Remember me to Mrs. Green.
好的,祝你们愉快,请代我向格林太太问好。
B: I certainly will. Thank you.
我会的。谢谢。
A: I'm glad I ran /into/ you today.
很高兴今天见到你。
B: Me too. See you.
我也是,再见。
A: See you.
再见。
 
2.精彩脱口秀--问候
  
问候是交际开始的标志,有建立和延续人际关系的作用。精彩的问候、恰当的回答可以体现一个人良好的文化修养。陌生人之间的相互问候可以消除陌生感,熟人之间的问候可以增进感情交流,总之,无论何时何地,简单的问候语是促进情感交流的最直接的方式。

●What a pleasant surprise!真是个惊喜啊!
  
●What brings you here today?什么风把你吹来啦?
  
●Same as ever.老样子。
  
●How's everything going?一切都好吗?
  
●I'm still living and kicking.我身体健康并且精力充沛。
  
●Hello, there, what a coincidence!你好,可真巧啊!
  
●Well, look who's here!嘿,看谁来了!
  
●I'm full of the joys of spring.我幸福极了!
  
●Buzzing, simply buzzing!忙啊!
  
●So-so, thanks.马马虎虎。
  
●Not too much.不怎么好。
  
●Nothing in particular.没什么特别的。
  
●What's new?有什么新鲜事吗?
  
●What's your name?请问尊姓大名?
  
●What's you up to these days?你最近在干啥?
  
●It's really nice to see you again.再见到你真好!
  
●Small world, isn't it!世界真小啊!不是吗?
  
●The very person I was after.这正是我要找的人。
    
●What keeps you so busy lately?你最近怎么这样忙?

更多精彩内容请访问上海环球雅思曾丽娟的沪江博客