1. By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property.
2. The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it.
3. It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
4. There are men who can think no deeper than a fact.
5. Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
6. Anything too stupid to be said is sung.
7. No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
8. Governments need to have both shepherds and butchers.
9. One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
10. No one ever teaches well who wants to teach, or governs well who wants to govern.