-Hey, aunt Gaby, need your car washed? 嗨,Gaby阿姨,需要洗车吗?
-Oh, I'm aunt Gaby, now. Let me guess. You want something. 哦,我成了Gaby阿姨了。我猜猜,你想要什么?
-Well, there is a party tomorrow night. 恩,明天晚上有个派对。
-Really. Ok, you can go. 是吗,好吧,让你去。
-Seriously? 真的?
-Well, if you can make an effort around here, then I guess I can too. Just be home by ten. 既然你愿意努力付出,我想我也可以。记得十点钟之前回来。
-Yeah, that's the thing. The party doesn't start till 11. 额~~~问题出在这儿。派对要到十一点才开始。
-What kind of party starts at 11? 什么派对十一点才开始?
-This new dance club is opening downtown, and it is like the hottest thing ever. Everybody's going. 镇上新开了一家舞厅,现在特别火,每个人都会去的。
-Not everybody. It's a school night and you know the rules. Thank you for washing the car. 不包括你。学校有课的日子,你知道家里的规矩。谢谢你帮忙擦车。
-Well, she's quite the charmer. 这丫头真厉害。
-Do you see what I'm dealing with? I mean, Carlos and I basically took her off the street. You'd think she'd be grateful. But every day is a battle. I don't know how to get through to her. 你看到了吧,Carlos和我收留了无家可归的她,本来她应该对我们感激涕零才对。现在每天都像打仗一样,我都不知道该怎么跟她沟通。
-Teenage girls--they're the best reason for not having kids. Thank god, Roy had a vasectomy. 小女孩啊,这就是不要孩子的好处。谢天谢地,Roy已经结扎了。



【语言点】

take off就是离开,带走的意思,那么‘把她带离大街’就是‘收留她’ 的意思。

get through to原来的意思是‘使某人明白’,在这里可以作‘沟通’解。

vasectomy就是输精管结扎术。这里的Roy是Mr.Mccluskey的新男友。