情况一:打电话的人要找的人不在, 问对方是否要留言

A:Can I talk to Mark?

我可以跟 Mark 讲话吗?

B:He is out on his lunch break right now. Would you like to leave a message?

他出去吃午饭了, 你要留言吗?

A:He is not available right now. Can I take a message?

他不在,我可以帮你传话吗?

情况二:打电话的人要找的人不在, 愿意接受对方的留言

A:Can I leave a message?

我可以留个话?

B:Yes. Go ahead, please.

可以, 请继续。

A:Of course. Hold on for just a second so I can grab a pen and paper.

当然, 稍等一下让我拿个纸笔。

B:Sure, if you can excuse me for just a second. Let me find a piece of paper to write it down.

当然, 如果你可以等我一下下, 让我找张纸写下来。

情况三:对方打错电话

A:Can I speak to Alexander Walker?

我可以和 Alexander Walker 说话吗?

B:I’m sorry, but theres nobody here by this name. I’m sorry. Im afraid youve got the wrong number.

抱歉,这里没这个人,恐怕你打错电话了。

情况五:打电话的人要找的人是别人, 请对方稍等

A:Is Brandon there?

在吗?

B:Yes, he is. One moment, please.

他在。请稍等。

A:Hold, please.

请稍等。

B:Hold on, please.

请稍等。

A:Let me see if hes here. Hang on. OK?

我看看他在不在。等一下, 好吗?

情况六:接受对方留言时听不清楚, 希望对方重复

A:When he comes back, can you have him call me at (206) 5551212?

他回来后, 能不能让他打 (206) 5551212 这个号码给我?

B:Can you repeat again, please?

能不能请你再重复一次?

A:(Say) Again, please?

再说一次好吗?

A:Pardon?

抱歉,请再说一次

A:Come again, please?

再说一次好吗?

A:I’m sorry?

抱歉。请再说一次

情况七:跟对方要求跟(打电话的人)刚刚已经通过话的人再讲话

A:Can you put Daisy back on? I forgot to tell her something.

你能否请Daisy再来听电话呢? 我忘了跟她讲一件事。

B:Sure. I’ll go get her.

当然! 我这就去叫她。