1. There is a growing tendency for parents to ask their children to accept extra educational programs over the recent years.
2. This phenomenon has caused wide public concern in many places of world.
3. Many parents believe that additional educational activities enjoy obvious advantage. By extra studies, they maintain, their children are able to obtain many kinds of practical skills and useful knowledge, which will put them in a beneficial position in the future job markets when they grow up.
4. In the first place, extra studies bring about unhealthy impacts on physical growth of children. Educational experts point out that, it is equally important to take some sport activities instead of extra studies when children have spent the whole day in a boring classroom.
5. Children are undergoing fast physical development; lack of physical exercise may produce disastrous influence on their later life.
6. In the second place, from psychological aspect, the majority of children seem to tend to have an unfavorable attitude toward additional educational activities.
7. It is hard to imagine a student focusing their energy on textbook while other children are playing.
8. Moreover, children will have less time to play and communicate with their peers due to extra studies, consequently, it is difficult to develop and cultivate their character and interpersonal skills. They may become more solitary and even suffer from certain mental illness.
9. From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion that, although extra studies indeed enjoy many obvious advantages, its disadvantages shouldn't be ignored and far outweigh its advantages. It is absurd to force children to take extra studies after school.
10. Any parents should place considerable emphasis on their children to keep the balance between play and study. As an old saying goes: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
11. There is a growing tendency for parent these days to stay at home to look after their children instead of returning to work earlier.