The average woman criticises herself at least eight times a day, a study has found.
一项研究发现,女性平均每天都要自我批评八次。

The research of 2,000 women discovered one in seven women said they criticising themselves regularly throughout their entire day.
一项2000名女性参与的研究发现:1/7的人称她们经常一整天都在自我谴责。

Wanting to lose weight and other image-based criticisms were most prevalent, while not earning enough money and deliberately deflecting compliments were other common put-downs.
最常见的一些自我批评莫过于想减肥和其他一些关乎形象的不满,而另一些常见的自我贬低则是关于钱挣得不够和故意扭曲别人对自己的赞美。

The study was conducted by Weight Watchers who worked with eight leading experts to explore the result of today's new pressures for modern women on the relationship they have with themselves - 89% of women compliment others in ways they would never compliment themselves.
这项研究由“减肥者协会”与八位该领域顶尖的专家执导,目的是探究现代女性其与自身关系方面面临的新压力,结果发现89%的女性从不会像称赞别人那样赞美自己。

This tendency for women to avoid giving any sort of complement to themselves was described by the study's cultural experts as a form of self-diminishment.
该项研究文化方面的专家将女性这种不自我赞美的倾向称之为一种“自我贬低”。

The full findings were as follows.
完整的调查结果如下:

AREAS A WOMAN IS MOST SELF-CRITICAL
女性最常自我批评的方面有:

1. Weight
1、体重

2. Appearance
2、外表

3. Career
3、事业

4. Finances
4、财务

5. Relationship
5、感情生活

A WOMAN'S 2O MOST COMMON CRITICISMS OF HERSELF
女性20个最常见的自我批评的方面有:

1.You're too fat/overweigh
1、你太胖了/超重

2.Your hair is a mess
2、你的头发简直一团糟

3.Your belly looks big
3、你肚子太大了

4.You don't do enough exercise
4、你锻炼不够

5.Feeling scruffy next to other women
5、跟其他女人相比自己太邋遢了

6.Not earning enough money
6、挣得不多

7.You say you are having a 'fat day'
7、你说自己今天胖了

8.Not wearing certain items of clothing because you think you can't pull it off
8、不穿某一件衣服因为你想着自己塞不进去

9.You wish you were as photogenic as other women on social media
9、你希望自己可以和其他社交媒体上的女性一样上镜

10.You deflect compliments by saying something negative about yourself
10、对自己说一些消极的话扭曲别人的赞美

11.You worry people are talking about you behind your back
11、担心别人在背后议论自己

12.Feeling underdressed
12、感觉自己穿的太朴素

13.I'm not stylish enough
13、自己不够潮

14.You don't have sex with your partner enough
14、跟自己男(女票)滚床单的次数不够

15.You aren't as creative as other women
15、不像其他女性那样有创意

16.Your bum looks big
16、屁股太大

17.You aren't as organised as other women
17、不像其他女性那样有条理性

18.You don't spend as much time with your friends as you should
18、没有太多的时间跟朋友待在一起

19.You're not wearing enough make-up
19、妆画得不够

20.You aren't attractive to your partner
20、对自己男(女)票吸引力不够

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。