1

Maybe it's the black-and-white photographs. Or the fact that we don't really know the backstory behind these photographs.
也许这是一些黑白照片。或者是我们不大清楚这些照片背后的历史故事。

We could, for all we know, be laughing at what was actually the site of some ritual sacrifice. Before widespread availability of communication technology and Internet databases, a lot of people went missing without anyone ever finding out exactly what happened to them.
一般,我们可能会嘲笑那些祭祀仪式。但在通讯技术和互联网数据库广泛应用之前,很多人会平白无故地消失,没人知道他们到底发生了什么事。

Anyway, enjoy!
不管咋说,看的开心!

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。

2

"You tie their hands behind their backs like this."
“像这样把他们的手绑在背后。”

3

"Billy, great to see you at this year's guinea pig sacrifice, really glad you could make it!"
“比利,在今年的豚鼠祭祀会上见到你真的很高兴,很开心你做到了。”

4

"Car trouble, huh? Yeah, we'll fix you up real good."
“车祸,哈?好呀,我们会好好帮你修理修理的。”

5

"They said follow the screams, but I only hear low-pitched wailing."
“他们说朝着尖叫声的方向开,但我只听到低沉的哭声。”

6

They don't want candy, but rather your sweet, delicious soul.
他们要的不是糖果,而是你那可口,美味的魂魄。

7

Tommy wasn't interested in the treats. He was merely casing the joint for later.
汤米对糖果一点都不敢兴趣。他只是为后面的活动做准备而已。

8

Pirate costumes ... or actual pirates?
海盗服装……还是真正的海盗?

9

"The perfect disguise," thought the actual devil in a child's devil costume.
“完美的伪装,”还以为是真正的魔鬼穿着小孩的魔鬼服装呢。

10

The best part about a costume with a bag is you have something to carry your victims in.
万圣节服装有个袋子最大的好处就是你可以有东西把猎物装起来。

11

The smiling masks made no difference. These children were out for blood.
这些微笑面具没什么特别的。这些小鬼是要喝血的。

12

But it was too late for the parents and their bags of candy. The child herd had detected their presence.
爸爸妈妈们要把糖果藏起来太晚了。这群小顽童已经发现它们的存在了。