Q: What is the saddest truth about life?
生活中令人沮丧的真相是什么?

获得9.5k好评的答案@Dushyant Bhati

Half the world's starving; the other half is trying to lose weight.
世界上有一半的人正在挨饿,另一半的人却在使劲减肥。

获得7.4k好评的答案@Rakesh Swain

A pigment called Melanin, whose concentration in your skin that you had no control of when you were born, is going to determine how you will be treated in society.
当你出生的时候,有一种名为“黑色素”的色素聚集在你的皮肤上,你根本无法控制,但是这将决定你会被社会如何对待。

获得6.5k好评的答案@Kashi Viswanathan

No one will read your answer at the bottom of Quora if it's not upvoted.
如果没人给你点赞,就没有人会去看你沉在Quora底部的答案。

Just like no one will remember us until we do something remarkable in their lives.
就像如果我们没有在他人生命中做出一些值得注意的事,那他们就不会记得我们。

获得6.1k好评的答案@Shama Bhosale

There'll always be the last time you do something or meet someone, and you won't know that it was the last time.
总会有那么一次,是你最后一次做某事或是最后一次见某个人,而且那时你并不知道这是最后一次。

The last time you played gully cricket in your hometown.
最后一次在家乡玩板球。

The last time all 5 of your best friend gang went on a trip.
最后一次和你最好的5个朋友结伴旅行。

The last time you met the school teacher you liked the most.
最后一次见到你最喜欢的那个老师。

The last time you slept in your room in the home you grew up in.
最后一次睡在你从小就住着的家里的卧室。

获得3.9k好评的答案@Shilpa Deshwal

That your Parents are getting old every minute.
你的父母每时每刻都在衰老。

And you can see it everytime you meet them after a gap of 3-4 months.
而你在每隔3到4个月的见面中,每次都会发现这一点。

AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT .
然而你却无能为力。

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。