Writing: imagine a scenario or express your opinion
A watch is a portable timepiece. What does the watch look like? Who is the owner? How is the watch obtained? What condition is it in?
This week's topic: They looked at the watch... (90-110 words)
1) an older gentleman checked the time with a pocket watch
2) received a watch as a present
3) a child got confused about the lack of numbers on the face of a watch
4) buying a watch in a duty-free shop at the airport
5) Instead of writing a scenario, feel free to comment on the story below.
The computer-generated voice on the line seemed satisfied with Hodge's confident answer. After the call ended, the club manager returned his attention to the newly-purchased art piece. He placed the item at the spot where a vase used to be, before it was broken by the intruder. The intricate and clever design of the art piece fitted very well with the rest of the office, and the new owner was satisfied with his purchase. Checking the time on his watch, Hodge put the folder on his desk back in the drawer, picked up his jacket and left the room.