- She treasured the brooch because it was an heirloom.
- She treasured the brooch because it was an heirloom
- His high birth and noble ancestry was all that he could boast of.
- His high birth and noble ancestry was all that he could boast of
- Having one parent of pedigreed stock and the other of unknown or mixed ancestry. Used of animals.
- The abacus is the ancestor of the modern computer.
- "ancestral: Of, relating to, or evolved from an ancestor or ancestors."
- The sins of the ancestors were visited on their descendants.
- The villagers still follow the customs of their ancestors.
- My ancestors came from Italian.
- One of his forefathers was an early settler in America.
- Our forefathers have no other book but the score and the tally.
- To adopt an heir in order to succeed to one’s forefathers
- They are the most precious cultural legacy our forefathers left.
- It is the humor of many heads to extol the days of their forefathers