1.sense of pride; a feeling of self-importance
- Justifiable pride
- He has a sense of civic pride.
- Success swelled his breast with pride.
- He had a spasm of doubtful pride
- The idea behind giving honours is a good one: to reward hard work and create a sense of national pride.
- For a moment he saw again the three chevrons he had worn on his dress olive-drabs and felt a characteristic uneasy pride
- The method is going to increase the sens itivity.
- Dr. Sun yat-sen was a pioneer of the democratic revolution.
- Dr. Sun Yat-sen was the forerunner of Chinese revolution.
- pride oneself on
- Comfort is better than pride
- That was a wound to the child's pride.
- feeling of efficacy
- Has a feeling for language.
- You can feel the electricity in the crowd.