- Glide the lily
- This woman is virtuous.
- Remaining in a state of virginity.
- A wife loyal to her husband is chaste.
- Men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal.
- She had committed a fault, but the foundation of her nature, as will be remembered, was modesty and virtue.
- Yet the ancient standard of being a "traditional virtuous woman" is still ingrained in many men's minds.
- Father Madeleine required of the men good will, of the women pure morals, and of all, probity
- Hera baths regularly in the spring of Canathus, near argos, and thus renews her virginity
- Hera bathes regularly in the spring of Canathus, near argos, and thus renews her virginity
- There was a direct intimate connexion between chastity and political orthodoxy
- A woman who belongs to a religious order or congregation devoted to active service or meditation, living under vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.