deception; imposture; falsity
- Appearances are deceptive.
- Appearances are deceptive
- Appearances are often deceptive
- The war, therefore, if we judge it by the standards of previous wars, is merely an imposture
- What most afflicted him with the sense of nightmare was that he had never clearly understood why the huge imposture was undertaken
- And what kind of apology are you going to make to me and to this insulted house for the imposture which you have attempted to play here?"
- The very realities of governing a large and dynamic economy requires much less tolerance for outright falsities.