- Give a rogue rope enough and he will hang himself.
- Haste makes waste is a proverb.
- That proverb is apposite to this case.
- Tom was looking at Mrs Adams,as unabashed as the proverbial cat looking at a king.
- In those homely sayings was couched the collective wisdom of generations(Maya Angelou)
- Of the nature of a proverb.
- A proverbial phrase [saying]
- Farmer’s proverbs and sayings.
- While the grass grows the horse (or steed) starves.
- Love me,love my dog.
- His punctuality is a proverB. (He is a proverB for punctuality.)
- There is a proverb with reference to the killing of cats
- There is a proverb with reference to the killing of cats.
- The genius wit, and spirit of a nation are discovered in its proverbs.
- The wisdom of nations lies in their proverbs, which are brief and pithy.