in olden days
- The old man told stories of bygone days.
- And the nifty custom made maps are a big improvement over chicken feathers
- A favorite Scottish song which everyone sings together is “Auld Lang Syne.”
- Once the hero of Jefferson, the virtuous husbandman, he was the rube, the hick, the hayseed.
- In the olden days=in olden times
- The once barren hillsides are now good farmland.
- (fig)the dying embers of a former passion
- I am not now that which I have been
- These ruins sufficiently attest the former grandeur of the place.
- This is a reproduced version of Yesterday Once More.
- The word was formerly applied to various kinds of applications to a court.
- The office that formerly constituted the first of the seven canonical hours.
- The company formerly belonged to an international banking group.
- I have been bound by my promises as rigidly as any knight of olden times
- We foot it all the night / weaving olden dances(William Butler Yeats)
- A literary writing which cherishes thoughts of the olden times and old friends
- Things go on day by day.
- Day by day the situation is improving.
- Like this, day after day.