to listen to heaven and follow the face
to resign oneself to one's fate
For the forthcoming challenge, you must make good preparations and not resign yourself to your fate.
on the knees of the gods
come to one's rack
resign oneself to one's fate
sink or swim
- Leave it to chance!
- It's in God's hands and we have prepared for the worst.
- He failed all his attempts and now he has to resign to his fate
- He was sensible of the blight on him, and resigned himself to letting it eat him away.
- To be guided by destiny
- Meet ones fate with resignation
- To resign to one’s fate or God’s will, be fatalistic
- He resigns to his fate.
- I'm resigned to my fate.
- I wouldn't be willing to give in to my fate.