- His argument contains too many ifs and buts.
- I realized it was useless to reason with him.
- We must learn to conquer mistaken ideas through debate and reasoning.
- They were nevertheless so foolish that they entertained the delusion that it is possible to reason with demented persons
- "They also shouted slogans, disseminated information, appealed for help and organised protests."
- So much enforced reasoning had hold on Wilson's rage, he was calmer
- There is no percentage in arguing with him.
- It is not always reliable to argue by analogy.
- This is an unsafe method of arguing.
- I shall try to argue for her.
- We would like to argue that this is not the case.