1.difficult to understand; unintelligible; complicated
- Einstein's theory of relativity is very abstruse.
- Her allusive style is difficult to follow.
- A sentence that does not cohere is hard to understand.
- Illuminate a difficult passage in a book
- It is a dense novel.
- Arabic script is hard to understand and learn.
- His difficult style obscures his meaning.
- Not clearly defined; not explicit.
- The debt-ceiling agreement is complicated and opaque.
- Footnotes illuminate the difficult passage of the book.
- The exercise is that difficult!
- You must admit the task to be difficult [ that the task is difficult ].
- You must admit the task to be difficult [that the task is difficult].
- If you were older you might understand.
- I understand that skepticism.
- You have to understand how cells interact.
- She croaked something unintelligible.
- To talk rapidly,unintelligibly,or idly.
- He answered in words unintelligible to her.