make an assault on
- They stormed the castle.
- To launch a fierce assault on the enemy line
- Strong attack in war or in a contest
- A deep thrust into the opponent's territory
- The enemy troops stormed the castle.
- The troops charged the enemy line.
- The rebels stormed the gates of the palace
- The clash of our onslaught hurtled across the field.
- Government buildings have been stormed and looted.
- The enemy attacked fiercely, but our men stood firm
- to denounce; to blast; to rebuke scathingly
- They blasted her into a black room.
- A tunnel was to be blasted through the mountains.
- a man of this make
- make an example of
- make a dive for
- The enemy assaulted us at darkness.
- Assault craft would be lowered.
- The tables were taken by assault.