before leaving; on departure
- I left in such a hurry that I didn't have time to say good-bye to you
- "Carefully she sews and thoroughly she mends, Dreading the delays that will keep him late from home. "
- Rain before seven;fine before eleven
- They corned their horses before the journey.
- The army was arrayed before the commander.
v. [leave] 的现在分词形式；离开；留下
- To leave;vacate.
- I leave that to you.
- Leaves die, fall, and shrivel.
- The cold weather antedated their departure.
- We apologise for the late departure of this flight.
- His sudden departure was a disadvantage to the campaign.