give a puff
- The salesman always cries up the quality of the car he is selling.
- This is a spectacle which has critics world-wide reaching for superlatives.
- A piece of writing, as on the jacket of a book, containing often exaggerated praise, used for promotional purposes.
- As much as you praised her I would have thought you two were ready to marry.
- Mary, at the end of a long concerto, was glad to purchase praise and gratitude by Scotch and Irish airs
- Will you give it a shot?
- He gives twice who gives quickly
- The purpose is not to give an exhaustive treatment.
- You must give way to betters.
- Give your real name.
- He arrived out of puff.
- The stove let out a puff of smoke.
- With a puff, a clang, and a clatter of rail it was gone.
- I really like the shrimp puffs.
- Smoke(a pipe,cigarette,etc)in puffs