compete; measure up against
- Never ascriBe to an opponent motives meaner than your own
- Fischer won after 5 hours and 41 minutes of play.
- As for rant and rhetoric, they could enter easily into any contest with their Latin preceptor.
- This is a clean fight.
- An enemy worthy of one's steel.
- Gabb will be matched against Fay in the semifinal.
- We're feeling ourselves again after our Bout with the flu.
- All this is preliminary to the main election struggle.
- Judges stopped the bout before the end of the first round.
- Read will be matched against Stone in the semifinal.
- Stylistic competence is regarded as one of the component competences of communicative competence.
- She has a competent knowledge of law.
- He competed in a wheelchair.
- landscaping measure
- This is a measure of dispersion.
- skewness is a statistical measure of the uniformity of the distribution of a group of measures
- It is against federal law to discriminate against blacks.
- She was drugged against the pain.
- He informed against the drugpusher.