- Astronomers have seen gargantuan plumes of material from nearer galaxies as well.
- We'd like to designate Shanghai as the loading port because it is near the producing area.
- As most of our clients are near Tianjin, we'd like to appoint Tanggu as the unloading port.
- Whenever possible, Americans drive and, if necessary, wait to get a parking place close to their destination.
- As you'd expect, they're fared best when borrowing from closely related species, such as baboons or chimpanzees
- He edged nearer and nearer toward the pansy
- To draw near or nearer; approach.
- The sun in the west was a drop of burning gold that slid nearer and nearer the sill of the world.
- On this point, chief, you're nearer reason, and therefore nearer being right.
- The nearer the church, the farther from God.