- It 's next to impossible to catch a taxi at night during the year - end party season.
- A forlorn `hope plan or undertaking that is almost certain not to succeed
- It's well nigh impossible to convince him.
- It was all but impossible to climb back into the boat.
- They can hardly have intended to do that.
- It is nearly impossible to conciliate these two disagreeing parties.
- Without an organ transplant he would survive only hours, and the odds of finding a viable liver that soon were slim
- galloping oscillations are usually violent and must be damped structurally, which is a near impossibility
- Easily was a man made an infidel,but hardly might he be converted to another faith(T.E.Lawrence)
- It was almost a pillage .
- The mood of the music was almost funereal.
- It was almost literally an echo , in fact.
- Her expression is almost comical.
- There is an almost palpable feeling of hopelessness.
- It is impossible to strike an average.
- make impossible, esp. beforehand.
- It is impossible to clap with one hand.
- He is an impossible fellow.
- The woman is impossible, thought Frannie.