- a small excavation in the river bank
- The river has burst its banks because of the flood.
- They banked up the river to prevent flood.
- The bank flatted off for the last ten miles.
- Crabs scuttle along the muddy bank.
- Last week, he took his bulldozer to the river levee.
- Last week ,He took his bulldozer to the river levee
- That winter they started to rebuild the dike.
- The trees in the embankment garden stood bulky against the incandescent Sky-line
- Last week there was a meadow between us and he took his bulldozer to the river levee and now there is a creek between us