- When the determinant is expanded, it produces a polynomial, called the characteristic polynomial
- This determinant is a special case of the resultant of two polynomials.
- The term "continuant" arises from a relation between this type of determinant and continued fractions.
- The term "continuant" arises from a relation between this type of determinant and continued fractions
- The determinant can be evaluated from the cofactors of any column.
- We showed that a determinant in diagonal form is equal to the product of the diagonal elements
- Every such determinant is zero, because one row can be made all zeros by adding to it all of the other rows
- He was determined to helm the exhibition.
- She is determined to make it to the top.
- My father was a man of determination.
- He is determined to attempt a surprise.
- They are determined to act out their ideal.