repay an obligation
- His refusal to pay his debts landed him in prison.
- Peak period of debt repayment; peak debt repayment period; debt repayment peak
- It is much easier to run into debt than to get out of it.
- He has not wherewith to pay his debts.
- It's easier to get into debt than to get out of it again!
- The money was applied to the payment of debts.
- He keeps pushing me for payment of the debt.
- Be just before you are generous.
- Do not rob Peter to pay Paul.
- I went bankrupt and was sold up
- antecedent debt
- A promise attended to is a debt settled
- Gambling laid him in debt.
- You should repay principal and interest.
- When will you repay him the money=When will you repay the money to him?
- to repay (a favor); to compensate ... for; to render to; to recompense ... for