- He took my dreadful exhibition of receipts, he put on his glasses, he took his pen, and presto! —I was a pauper!
- "Language, spoken and written, is the most fundamental of all cultural abilities."
- ail the work I've put in on her for the past few days has just been wasted.
- It will take a lot of work to finish the job.
- Coming back in the time it takes for a meal to ask for more information.
- …I shall not be able to do the distance either way in less than an hour and a half.
- It’s only six days. Six days is easy.
- The tailor stitched the split seam in seconds.
- All in all, I don't think it's worth the trouble.
- I've yet to see him dithering and dawdling over anything!
- the works of a clock
- conscientious work
- The work is not advancing.
- It is a scientific labor.
- He is satisfied with your labors.
- Genius is nothing But labor and diligence.
- It was a vain effort.
- That effort will be bootless.
- You must not relax your efforts.