- To strive for power
- To be active and aggressive in the republic of letters
- Imagination given full play
- He jumped on his horse and rode off [away].
- Fine horses gallop across the vast plain.
- He drew on his bold imagination in composing music.
- and traversing at will the path of history I cease to remember that I am myself a prisoner."
- A ride taken at a gallop.
- Major Winston galloped into the distance.
- I read the book at a gallop.
- Gallop the mail to the next station.
- He galloped the horse along the track.