- Roger took the conch and looked round at them gloomily
- His ordinary voice sounded like a whisper after the harsh note of the conch.
- Shelled conches;conch flesh
- The conch exploded into a thousand white fragments and ceased to exist.
- Jack clamoured among them, the conch forgotten
- The conch exploded into a thousand white fragments and ceased to exist
- This toy of voting was almost as pleasing as the conch.
- Ralph lifted the conch again and his good humour came back as he thought of what he had to say next
- He lifted the conch in an effort to find the compelling word
- piggy knelt by him, one hand on the great shell, listening and interpreting to the assembly
v. ~sth (as sth) 宣扬；鼓吹；吹嘘
- Listen to him blow that trumpet!
- Can you hear the blare of the trumpet?
- The ceremony opened with a fanfare of trumpets.
- shell collecting
- The snail retreated into its shell.
- reactivation of quoted shell company