1. Don’t talk about such things of __________ you are not sure.
A. which B. what C. as D. those
2. Is this the factory __________ you visited the other day?
A. that B. where C. in which D. the one
3. Is this factory __________ some foreign friends visited last Friday?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
4. Is this the factory __________ he worked ten years ago?
A. that B. where C. which D. the one
5. The wolves hid themselves in the places __________ couldn’t be found.
A. that B. where C. in which D. in that
6. The freezing point is the temperature __________ water changes into ice.
A. at which B. on that C. in which D. of what
7. This book will show you __________ can be used in other contexts..
A. how you have observed B. what you have observed
C. that you have observed D. how that you have observed
8. The reason is __________ he is unable to operate the machine.
A. because B. why C. that D. whether
9. I’ll tell you __________ he told me last week.
A. all which B. that C. all that D. which
10. That tree, __________ branches are almost bare, is very old.
A. whose B. of which C. in which D. on which
11. I have bought the same dress __________ she is wearing.
A. as B. that C. which D. what
12. He failed in the examination, __________ made his father very angry.
A. which B. it C. that D. what
13. We’re talking about the piano and the pianist __________ were in the concert we attended last night.
A. which B. whom C. who D. that
14. The girl __________ an English song in the next room is Tom’s sister.
A. who is singing B. is singing C. sang D. was singing
15. Those __________ not only from books but also through practice will succeed.
A. learn B. who C. that learns D. who learn
16. Anyone __________ this opinion may speak out.
A. that against B. that against C. who is against D. who are against
17. Didn’t you see the man __________?
A. I nodded just now B. whom I nodded just now
C. I nodded to him just now D. I nodded to just now
18. Can you lend me the novel __________ the other day?
A. that you talked B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with D. you talked about
19. Is there anything __________ to you?
A. that is belonged B. that belongs
C. that belong D. which belongs
20. ---- “How do you like the book?”
---- “It’s quite different from __________ I read last month.”
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what
21. Mr. Zhang gave the textbook to all the pupils except __________ who had already taken them.
A. the ones B. ones C. some D. the others
22. The train __________ she was travelling was late.
A. which B. where C. on which D. in that
23. He has lost the key to the drawer __________ the papers are kept.
A. where B. in which C. under which D. which
24. Antarctic __________ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round.
A. which B. where C. that D. about which
25. It’s the third time __________ late this month.
A. that you arrived B. when you arrived
C. that you’ve arrived D. when you’ve arrived
26. It was in 1969 __________ the American astronaut succeeded in landing on the moon.
A. that B. which C. when D. in which
27. May the fourth is the day __________ we Chinese people will never forget.
A. which B. when C. on which D. about which
28. We are going to spend the Spring Festival in Guangzhou, __________ live my grandparents and some relatives.
A. which B. that C. who D. where
29. The hotel __________ during our holidays stands by the seaside.
A. we stayed at B. where we stayed at
C. we stayed D. in that we stayed
30. Is it in that factory __________ “Red Flag” cars are produced?
A. in which B. where C. which D. that
31. It is the Suez Canal __________ separates Asia __________ Africa.
A. which, to B. where, from
C. that, from D. that, with
32. Under the bridge, however, almost directly below, __________ was a small canoe, with a boy in it.
A. there B. where C. it D. which
33. He is not __________ a fool __________.
A. such, as he is looked B. such, as he looks
C. as, as he is looked D. so, as he looks
34. Is that the reason __________ you are in favour of the proposal?
A. which B. what C. why D. for that
35. He must be from Africa, __________ can be seen from his skin.
A. that B. as C. who D. what
36. He has two sons, __________ work as chemists.
A. two of whom B. both of whom
C. both of which D. all of whom
37. I, __________ your good friend, will try my best to help you out.
A. who is B. who am C. that is D. what is
38. He is a man of great experience, __________ much can be learned.
A. who B. that C. from which D. from whom
39. ---- Do you know the town at all?
--- No, this is the first time I __________ here.
A. was B. have been C. came D. am coming
40. I don’t like __________ you speak to her.
A. the way B. the way in that
C. the way which D. the way of which
41. The two things __________ they felt very proud are Jim’s gold watch and Della’s hair.
A. about which B. of which
C. in which D. for which
42. The dinner was the most expensive meal we __________.
A. would have B. have had
C. had never had D. had ever had
43. Do you know which hotel __________?
A. she is staying B. she is staying in
C. is she staying D. is she staying in
44. There is only one thing __________ I can do.
A. what B. that C . all D. which
45. Who can think of a situation __________ this idiom can be used?
A. which B. that C. where D. in that
46. I have many books, some of __________ are on chemistry.
A. them B. that C. which D. those
47. They were interested __________ you told them.
A. in which B. in that
C. all that D. in everything
48. The astronaut did many experiments in the spaceship, __________ much help for knowing space.
A. which we think it is B. which we think are of
C. of which we think is D. I think which is of
49. The great day we looked forward to __________ at last.
A. come B. came C. coming D. comes
50. I like the second football match __________ was held last week.
A. which B. who C. that D. /
1—5 AADBA 6—10 ABCCA 11—15 AADAD
16—20 CDDBC 21—25 ACBDC 26—30 AADAD
31—35 CABCB 36—40 BBDBA 41—45 BDBBC