1. A. lab B. table C. math D. attack
2. A. cake B. custom C. center D. cover
3. A. rush B. duck C. truck D. butcher
4. A. check B. change C. chemistry D. chocolate
5. A. cousin B. south C. ground D. thousand
6. Jack is news reporter and he likes job very much.
A. a; the B. the; the C .the; a D. a; a
7. It has been almost five years we saw each other last time.
A. after B. before C. since D. when
8. He knows about the city, for he has never been there.
A. everything B. something C. anything D. nothing
9. With all his homework , the boy was allowed to watch TV.
A. finished B.to finish C. will finish D. having finished
10. ---Can I get you some more fish?
A. Yes, please B. I’m sorry C. That’s all right D. It doesn’t matter
11. Tom, hurry up, you will miss the school bus.
A. and B. or C. but D. then
12. The room as a laboratory for nearly two years till now.
A.is used B. was used C. has been used D. had been used
13. ---Mom, do I have to go to bed now?
---Yes, you .
A. can B. will C. may D. must
14. Many artists find it hard to a living from art alone.
A.do B. make C. have D. take
15. James had never seen Brando again, was really a pity.
A. who B. what C. which D. where
16. Excuse me, what time is it your watch?
A.to B.by C. on D. with
17. Welcome to our house! I’ll have Hudson you around in a minute.
A. show B.to show C. showing D. showed
18. She spoke fast that I could not catch a word.
A. too B. very C. such D.so
19. Take your computer to John, and he it for you.
A. repairs B. will repair C. has repaired D. had repaired
20. You’d better more clothes, it’s snowing outside.
A. put away B. put up C. put down D. put on