standing up

相关阅读:人们临终时最后悔的37件事(上)>>>

19. Not standing up for yourself.
没有维护自己的利益。

Just because others may disagree with you, it doesn't mean you have to abandon your principals.
他人和你有分歧,这并不意味这你必须放弃自己的原则。

volunteerin

20. Not volunteering enough.
没有主动帮助他人。

There are countless reasons to help other people, especially when they are needy.
我们有无数的理由应该帮助他人,尤其是他人需要帮助的时候。

teeth

21. Neglecting your teeth.
忽略口腔保健。

Flossing and brushing may seem annoying, but it's much better to take care of your teeth while you're young instead of losing them later.
刷牙、使用牙线似乎很麻烦,但是趁年轻保护好自己的牙齿总比老了牙齿掉光好。

grandparents

22. Missing the chance to talk to your grandparents before they die.
没有抓紧时间,在祖父母去世前和他们聊聊。

They hold a lot of knowledge and they will only be around for a little while.
他们有丰富的阅历,而且他们在你身边的时间并不长久。

Working

23. Working too much.
工作太拼命。

You're going to miss the good parts of life, or be too stressed to enjoy them, if you do.
你会错失生活中许多美好的部分,或者太过紧张,无法充分享受这些美好。

meal

24. Not learning how to cook one good meal.
没学会如何烹制一桌好饭。

It'll add to your family and friend get togethers more than you can ever imagine.
在亲人团聚和朋友聚会时,一桌好饭会增添无穷的情趣。

the moment

25. Not stopping to appreciate the moment.
没有专心享受当下。

Quit texting or taking pictures and realize what you are doing when you are doing it.
别再发短信,拍照片了,在你做一件事的时候,用心感受此刻正在做的事情。

finish

26. Failing to finish what you start.
半途而废。

Every day is an opportunity that shouldn't be squandered.
每天都是一个新的机会,不应该被浪费。

party trick

27. Never mastering one awesome party trick.
没有学会一门可在聚会上展示的才艺技能。

This seems silly, but just think of how many amazing memories you can create.
这看起来有点傻傻的,但是想想看你会创造多少美好的回忆吧。

defined

28. Letting yourself be defined by cultural expectations.
让他人对你的期望限定自己。

If your family and country thinks you should do something for a career, you're not forced to. Never.
没有人能强求你做某事,即使你的亲人和祖国认为你应该走这条路。他们不能强求你。

friends

29. Refusing to let friendships run their course.
不肯让友情随缘发展。

Sometimes people drift apart. Forcing that connection could do more damage than good.
有时候朋友会渐渐疏远。勉强维持这种关系不见得是好事。

kids

30. Not playing with your children enough.
没有多花时间陪孩子们玩耍。

Kids are joyful and innocent. You should be choosing to fill your life with this joy, not avoiding it.
孩子们总是充满乐趣,天真单纯。你应该让这种童趣充盈自己的生活,而不是避免这种乐趣。

big risk

31. Never taking a big risk (especially in love).
不敢下决心冒险(尤其是在情感方面)。

Taking a bigger risk can pay off more than taking a smaller one.
有时大胆的冒险比小小的冒险更有价值。

contacts

32. Not taking the time to develop contacts and network.
没有花时间构建人脉网络。

It may seem like schmoozing, but it'll help your career in the long run.
这看起来似乎是在溜须拍马,但日后会对你的事业有帮助。

Worrying

33. Worrying too much.
杞人忧天。

Worrying, especially about things that haven't happened yet, is useless.
尤其是为还没有发生的事情担忧,这是无济于事的。

drama

34. Getting caught up in needless drama.
陷入无休止的戏剧性生活。

Drama can be addictive, but there is no point. Don't get off on how bad your day is.
戏剧性的人生是会上瘾的,但没有任何意义。别沉醉于生活中的痛苦了。

time with

35. Not spending enough time with loved ones.
没有多花时间陪伴所爱的人。

We are all on this earth for a limited amount of time, don't take that for granted.
人生在世,短短数十载。别以为一定会有明天。

performing

36. Never performing in front of others.
从没在他人面前表演过。

This may not be your true calling, but trying it at least once is an important life experience.
你并不一定要靠这种才艺生存,但是你应该尝试展示这种才艺,哪怕一次,这将是一次重要的人生体验。

grateful

37. Not being grateful sooner.
没有早点心怀感恩。

Learn to say thanks and learn to mean it. So many parts of your life will improve if you do.
学着表示感激,由衷的感激。如果你这样做的,你的生活各方面都会有所改善。