To host or not to host, that is the question.
主持还是不主持,这是个问题。

Ellen DeGeneres admits she had difficulty deciding whether to host the Academy Awards for a second time. Although her performance in 2007 received positive reviews and even earned her a Primetime Emmy nomination, the TV star just wasn't sure if she wanted to do a repeat performance.
艾伦·狄珍妮丝承认,她在做是否第二次出任奥斯卡主持人的这个决定时感到困难。虽然她在主持2007年的奥斯卡时赢得众多好评,甚至还获得了艾美奖提名,但这位电视明星还不能肯定自己是否愿意做一件重复的事情。

So like many people faced with a big decision, she made a pros-and-cons list.
和许多面临重大抉择的人一样,她列出一份利弊清单。

So what are the pros and cons of one of the biggest gigs in showbiz? Here's a peek into Ellen's thought process:
那么作为这娱乐界最大的盛典之一,主持奥斯卡有什么利和弊呢?就让我们来看看艾伦的思考过程吧:

Pro: I get to perform in front of 60 million people.
Con:Oh my God, 60 million people watch that thing.
利:我将在六千万人眼前演出。
弊:噢,我的天,有六千万人在看那演出。

Pro: I'll be invited to all the cool Oscar after parties.
Con: I like to be tucked in by 7:30.
利:我将被邀请到奥斯卡颁奖礼后所有的超酷派对。
弊:我想尽情吃喝,但是在7点半前。

Pro: Meryl Streep could get a record 17th Oscar nomination.
Con: Hashtag we're over it, Meryl.
利:梅丽尔·斯特里普会创下获得17项奥斯卡提名的纪录。
弊:我们会结束这一热门话题的,梅丽尔。

Pro: A lot of fancy designers will approach me to wear a beautiful, expensive gown of theirs.
Con: Ain't no way in hell I'm wearing a gown.
利:许多优秀的设计师们将会来劝我穿上他们美丽昂贵的礼服。
弊:除非在地狱,也没别的地方我会穿上礼服。

Pro: I've done it before. The second time should be even better.
Con: My second sitcom got canceled after five minutes.
利:我之前已经主持过了。第二次应该要更好。
弊:我第二次出演情景喜剧就在五分钟后被撤下了。

Pro: If I'm on stage hosting, I won't be sitting on my couch drinking margaritas.
Con: If I'm on stage hosting, I won't be sitting on my couch drinking margaritas.
利:如果我在台上主持,我就不会靠在沙发上喝玛格丽特。
弊:如果我在台上主持,我就不能靠在沙发上喝玛格丽特。

Pro: The theater holds 3,000 seats.
Con: It's gonna take 45 minutes to dance through all those aisles.
利:剧院有三千坐席。
弊:到时候要花45分钟在所有走道上跳舞。

Despite the compelling "cons" on the list, DeGeneres decided to host the 86th annual Academy Awards, which will air Sunday, March 2, on ABC.
即使清单上列出如此有趣的“弊端”,狄珍妮丝已决定主持第86届奥斯卡盛典,将在3月2日周日在ABC上直播。