何谓社会化书签?是浏览器里的收藏夹?是火狐账户里的书签?no,no ,它是xmarks,是delicious,是飘在云端供众人分享的书签,再也不用担心我的书签,so easy!

字幕文本:

Welcome to Social Bookmarking in Plain English.
本期介绍社会化书签

It's just too much. Did you know that there are over 15 billion web pages?
偶滴神呐!如今网页数已超过150亿

To make sense of it all, we need to pluck out the best pages and save them for later.
我们常会收藏喜欢的网页以便日后浏览

We have choices. We could bookmark or add to favorites in our web browser.
通常我们会给网页添加书签或者添加收藏夹

Nah, it quickly becomes messy.
但收藏夹很快就变得乱糟糟

Plus, these bookmarks are tied to only one computer.
而且这些书签只能保存在本地电脑上

This is the old way.
太out了

There's a new way that doesn't use a browser. It uses a website.
现在有一种很潮的方法,用网站代替书签和收藏夹

This is called a social bookmarking site, and the one we'll use today is called Delicious.
称为社会化书签网站 以Delicious为例

It makes bookmarking more useful and fun.
它让添加书签的过程变得简单又有趣

We'll focus on three things: How to get started with bookmarking, how bookmarks are organized by tags, and why this kind of bookmarking is social.
那么如何添加书签、管理书签标签 以及如何实现书签的社会化?

First, go to to sign up for a free account.
第一步,登录delicious完成注册

While you're signing up, you'll see an easy way to add a couple of buttons to your browser.
该过程会引导你在浏览器上添加快捷按钮

These are important.
这很关键

The Tag button is how you'll add new bookmarks to the website. On any website, you can click Tag to save that site as a delicious bookmark. Easy!
点击快捷按钮就能轻松添加书签

Consider this example, you are a teacher who often uses the web to find math lessons for 8th graders.
假如你是数学老师,要在网上找课件

You're overwhelmed by all the sites. There are just too many to remember.
而相关网站多得眼花缭乱

Using delicious, remembering sites is as easy as tagging them.
别担心,用delicious的标签功能就能轻松分类

Here's one. Oh nice, perfect.
这招很赞吧

Here's what happens when you tag a site: a new window opens and asks for more information.
点击收藏时会弹出详情询问窗口

You can add keywords or tags that describe the site.
可以添加关键字或标签来描述这个网站

These will help you find bookmarks later.
这样日后查找起来就方便了

You might tag this site, algebra, best of, tutorial, math, and homework,
你可以填:代数,精品,辅导,数学,家庭作业

then click save to save it on the delicious website.
然后点击保存按钮

When you save a page like this, two things happen.
网站及其标签都被保存下来

First, the site is saved with all your other bookmarks on .
网站被保存到你在delicious上的书签列中

Second, the tags are saved in a list of all your tags.
标签也同时被保存到标签清单里

You just repeat this process for every site you want to save. This is bookmarking.
保存网页就是这么简单

Let's fast forward two months to make our second point: Why tags are so important.
那么标签为何如此重要?

Let's say you now have a hundred bookmarked sites. Chaos, right?
假如你存了一百个书签,找起来会很麻烦

Well, since your added tags, you have a way to sort the bookmarks by the tags you assigned.
这时标签能帮你将书签分类

To find all your sites about algebra, you click the algebra tag, and voila, one hundred becomes three.
如果要找有关代数的网站,点击代数,瞬间筛选成功

All your bookmarks are now more findable thanks to tags.
有了标签,找书签不用愁

But that's only part of the fun.
更有趣的在后面

Now, let's look at the social part of bookmarking to make our third point.
社会化书签到底如何实现社会化?

Think about your fellow teachers. Couldn't they benefit from seeing your bookmarks?
老师之间能不能共享书签呢?同事能分享你的收藏吗?

Well, they can.
没问题!

Delicious bookmarks are public.
Delicious书签可以公开

This means your friends and peers can see your bookmarks and use your tags just like you.
朋友同事之间的书签都能实现共享

That's why this is called social bookmarking.
这就是它的社会化特性

Your bookmarks can benefit other people.
一人收藏,万人受益

Think about it this way.
不妨设想一下

You start bookmarking algebra sites, and your peers can see the interesting sites you find.
你收藏了一个有趣的代数网站,同事看到了

Then, they start bookmarking too.
也开始使用书签

Within a few weeks, a group of teachers are all bookmarking their favorite math websites,
没几周,老师们都在标记他们最喜欢的数学网站

and because they're all public, everyone discovers new and relevant material.
而书签的公开性使每个人可以从中获益

Together you create a network that produces a steady stream of interesting and useful websites, all organized by tags on the delicious website.
大家有了个书签交流平台,相互分享有趣且实用的网站

The lesson is that social bookmarking sites take a world of chaos and make it orderly.
社会化标签使你的网络世界更加有序

Remember there are three steps to get started. First go to to sign up and add the buttons to your browser.
回顾一下步骤 一、注册并在浏览器上添加按钮

Second, start bookmarking sites with tags.
二、用标签标记网页

And third, be social. Notice how useful and fun other people's bookmarks can be.
三、学会分享,你会在别人的标签中获得寻宝的乐趣

I'm Lee LeFever, and this has been Social Bookmarking in Plain English.
这就是社会化书签,我是原来如此的李·勒菲弗