1. How beautifully she sings! I have never heard _____ voice.
A. a better B. a best
C. the better D. the best
【分析】其实此题最佳答案为A，该句可视为...I have never heard a better voice than her voice 之省略，全句句意为"她唱得多好啊！我从未听过她这么好的声音"。请再看以下类似的实例：
He is fine, never better. 他很好，比以往任何时候都好。
This bird is really lovely. I've never seen a finer one. 这只鸟真可爱，我从未见过这样好看的鸟。
(1) "I've never found a better job." "_______."
A. I don't think so B. Too bad
C. Congratulations D. Don't worry
答案选C，I've never found a better job可视为 I've never found a better job than this job 之省略，句意为：我从来没有找到比这份工作更好的工作，即这是我所找到的最好的工作。
(2) "What do you think of the service here?" "Oh, ______. We couldn't have found a better place."
A. too bad B. sorry
C. wonderful D. impossible
答案选 C。We couldn't have found a better place 可视为We couldn't have found a better place than this place，其意为"我们不可能找到一个比这个地方更好的地方"，即"这是我们所能找到的最好的地方"。
(3) Boris has brains. In fact, I doubt whether anyone in the class has _____ IQ.
A. a high B. a higher
C. the higher D. the highest
(4) . How cold it is! We've never had ______ this winter.
A. the colder day B. a cold day
C. the coldest day D. a colder day
2. Professor White has written some short stories, but he is _____ known for his plays.
A. the best B. more
C. better D. the most
【分析】此题首先不宜选B或D，因为 well known 的比较级和最高级通常是 better known和best known，有时也可以是 more well known 和 most well known，但通常不能是 more known 和 most known。至于是选A还是C，这就要看语境。由于句中涉及的只有 stories 和 plays 两个对象，故应选比较级。
3. You are _____ careful than your brother. You two can't do the work that needs care and skill.
A. not more B. no more
C. not less D. no less
not more ... than = 不如……
no more ... than = 和……一样不 (否定两者)
not less ... than = 不如……不 (即指不如 less 后形容词的反面)
no less ... than = 和……一样 (肯定两者)
You are more careful than he is. 你比他仔细。
You are not more careful than he is. 你不如他仔细。
You are no more careful than he is. 你和他一样不仔细。
You are less careful than he is. 你不如他仔细（你比他粗心）。
You are not less careful than he is. 你比他仔细（你不如他粗心）。
You are no less careful than he is. 你和他一样仔细。
4. "Oh, how fat he is!" "But I think he is ____ than fat."
A. short B. shorter
C. more short D. shortest
My room is smaller than yours. 我的房间比你的小。
Our country is more powerful than theirs. 我们的国家比他们的国家更强大。
He was more lucky than clever.他是靠运气而不是靠聪明。
She was more surprised than angry. 她感到更多的是惊讶而不是生气。
This is more a war movie than a western. 这更应当说是一部战争片，而不是西部片。