Why do I want to go to college? No one has ever asked me __1 _ a question. But many times I have asked myself. I have __2__ a whole variety of reasons. __3__ important reason is that I want to be a better man.
Many things make human beings different __4__ or better than or even superior to animals.
One of the most important things is __5__ . If I fail to receive higher education, my education __6__. As I want to be a fully __7__ man, I must get a well-rounded education, which good colleges and universities are supposed to __8__. I know one can get educated in many ways, but colleges and universities are __9__ the best places to teach me how to educate myself. Only when I am well-educated, will I be a better human being and __10__ fit into society.
1. A. quite B. so C. such D. another
2. A. come up with B. agreed with C. been fed up with D. got on well with
3. A. Most B. The most C. More D. Much
4. A. to B. around C. between D. from
5. A. education B. weather C. temperature D. science
6. A. finished B. don’t finish C. will not finish D. has finished
7. A. develop B. developed C. developing D. experience
8. A. improve B. graduate C. hear D. provide
9. A. between B. among C. inside D. outside
10. A. can good B. may better C. be able to better D. be able to best
2. A.come up with意为“提出、找出”;agree with意为“同意”;be fed up with意为“对……厌倦”;get on well with意为“和……相处得好”。根据文意A为正确选项。
3. B.上文讲到我曾找到过各种各样的原因，其中最重要的原因应当是……，因此这里应用important的最高级，故选the most.
4. D.固定结构be different from 表示“不同于……”。
6. C.这是一个含有条件状语从句的复合句，意为“如果我不能受到更高等的教育，我就无法完成我的学业”，故选will not finish为正确选择。
8. D.大学应是提供高等教育的地方， provide符合文意为正确选项。
10. C.与前半句相对应，这里仍应用比较级，而may better意思不对，因此be able to better为正确选项。