1. It is clear that the whole world is passing through a social revolution in which a central _____ must be taken by scientists and technologists.
A. process B. attention C. measure D. part
[注释]take part in参加。
2. The farmers were more anxious for rain than the people in the city because they had more _____.
A. at length B. at last C. at stake D. at ease
[答案]C. at stake.
[注释]at stake(=to be won or lost; risked, depending upon the result of sth.)在危险中；利害攸关；His life itself was at stake.(他的生命本身濒临危险。);
at last最终；at length详细地；at ease安详，自在，随便，不拘束：She knew he was not at ease.(她知道，他并不自在。)
3. When the big bills for mother's hospital care came, father was glad he had money in the bank to _____.
A. fall short of B. fall through
C. fall back on D. fall in with
[答案]C. fall back on.
[注释]fall back on求助于。
Fall short of没达到，低于：
1)He fell short of what we had expected.(他没有达到我们的期望。)
2)The measures proposed fall far short of what is required.(所提出的这些措施远没达到需要的 目标。)
Fall in with与......一致，符合；同意，赞成，支持。
4. These plastic flowers look so _____ that many people think they are real.
A. beautiful B. natural C. artificial D. similar
5. The managing director promised that he would _____ me as soon as he had any further information.
A. communicate B. notice C. notify D. note
[注释]notify通知。Notice n.通知；v.注意到；note n.笔记；v.记下，摘下。
6. When I worked as the general manager of the firm, I sometimes had _____ to visit London on business.
A. opportunity B. possibility C. occasion D. chance
[注释] occasion 作可数名词时，意为“时机”，作不可数名词时，意为“必要”，本题中occasion意为“必要”。从句语法结构上看，本句中用opportunity(难得的)机会，chance（偶然的）机会均可，但按逻辑意思，应用occasion.
7. The most important _____ of his speech was that we should all work whole-heartedly for the people.
A. element B. spot C. sense D. point
[注释]point(=chief idea of sth. said, done, or planned)要点；论点，主旨：
I don't see your point.(我不明白你的意思。)He said nothing to the point.(他说的不切题。)
8. It has always been the _____ of our firm to encourage workers to take part in social activities.
A. plan B. campaign C. procedure D. policy
9. The climbers _____ their ambition by reaching the summit of the mountain.
A. obtained B. sustained C. maintained D. realized
[注释]realise sth. by doing sth. else通过做......来实现.......。
10. I remember her face but I cannot _____ where I met her.
A. recall B. remind C. remember D. remark
[注释]recall(=bring back to the mind)想起，回忆起：
But I really cann't recall your name at his moment.
Remind sb. of ...使......想起：
1)The photo reminds me of my late father.(这张照片使我想起已故的父亲。)
2)The sight of the clock reminded me that I was late.Remind sb. to sth.提醒......做......；
3)Please remind me to write the letter.