1. "Who is responsible for sending out misinformation?"
"Most of the fault lies _____ the administration."
A. in B. to C. on D. with
1)The responsibility lies with the driver.(责任应由这个司机承担。)
2)It lies with you to accept or reject he the proposal.(接受还是拒绝这项建议由你决定。)
1)The difficulty lies in their great poverty.(困难在于他们非常贫困。)
2)the solution lies in social and political reform.(解决方法在于社会政治改革。)
2. People who live in a small village are bound to see a good _____ of each other.
A. sum B. quantity C. deal D. amount
[注释]see a good deal of each other 经常见面。
3. Maria _____ missed the first train so as to travel on the same one as John.
A. deliberately B. intensively
C. decisively D. objectively
[注释]deliberately(=on purpose, intentionally)故意地；存心地。
4. They always kept on good _____ with their next-door neighbors for the children's sake.
A. friendship B. relations C. intentions D. terms
[注释]keep (be) on good terms with与......和睦相处。
5. Do you think a wife should _____ her habits and tastes to those of her husband?
A. comply B. confirm C. consent D. conform
All the students must conform to the rules.(全体学生必须遵守规章。)
conform sth. to sth. else(vt)使符合：
He conformed the plans to the new specifications.(他使这些集合符合新规范。)
comply with遵守；confirm使坚定，确认，证实；consent (to)同意，赞同。
6. He was afraid that the branch might bend over and break, and he would be sent _____ to the ground.
A. crashing B. throwing C. rushing D. dropping
[注释]crash(to the ground)猛跌（到地上）。Crash n.
常指飞机等的“失事”，如：He was killed in an aircraft crash.(他在飞机失事中丧生。)本句中用falling不妥，fall指“落下，掉下”，本身并不强调落下的速度，而crash使“猛跌”，故本题用crashing最佳。
7. High interest rates _____ people from borrowing money.
A. discourage B. decrease C. disturb D. disgust
[注释]discourage sb. from doing sth.使认为某事不值得做：Tht wet weather discouraged people from going to the sports meeting.(下雨天使人觉得不值得去看运动会。)
8. Despite their good service, most inns are less costly than hotels of _____ standards.
A. equivalent B. uniform C. alike D. likely
[注释]equivalent相等的，相当的：He exchanged his pounds for the equivalent amount of dollars. uniform 相同的,一样的。Likely adj.很可能的，有希望的。Alike(表语形容词)相同的，相象的。
9. The two things are the same in outward form but different _____.
A. in addition B. in brief C. in common D. in essence
[答案]D. in essence.
[注释]in essence本质上；in addition此外；in brief简短地，简言之；in common共同。
10. _____ it is a good thing I did not get the post I had applied for, though I must admit that I was disappointed at the time.
A. By the way B. In a way C. In the way D. In no way
[答案]B. In a way.
[注释]in a way(-to some extent)在某种程度上；in no way决不；by the way 顺便提一下；in the way 碍事。此题不能选by the way，因为by the way 做插入语其后应加逗号。