1) It’s important to set aside time for relaxation, hobbies , and entertainment as well.
2) Improved consumer confidence is extremely important to an economic recovery.
3) What is important in both stories is that honesty was seen as an important part of the American character.
4) The ability to observe keenly and in detail is necessary for anyone who wishes to become a scientist.
5) To find a solution to a conflict, it is often necessary to make some kind of compromise (妥协)
6) A harmonious atmosphere is essential(necessary / critical / indispensable) to successful reform.
7) It is essential that the increase in production should be geared to (适应) the increase in public demand.
8) The essential point is that military sanctions (军事制裁) cannot be counted on (指望) to produce a sure result.
9) The emphasis of the report is on how technology affects human life rather than business.
10) We should make a careful study of the problem and try to find out a solution to it.
1) The purpose of a test is to show what you have leaned about a subject.
2) Believe it or not, her only purpose in saying all that is to help you help yourself
3) The purpose of the campaign was to catch “ringers”—students who take tests for other students.
4) The intent is not to catch everyone but rather to catch enough to spread the word.
5) Competitive sports are recommended to young adults to prepare them for the competitive world of college and business.
6) The ultimate object of scientific inquiry is to discover the laws of nature.
1) Too much discussion will only lead to confusion.
2) Too much work and too little rest may lead to loss of health
3) If you try to learn too many things at a time, you may get confused.
4) He had experienced fear and conquered it . In doing so, he had undoubtedly learnt something about himself.
5) Efforts to bring together people of different races and cultures have not met with (获得) complete success.
6) we have made numerous attempts to solve the problem, but so far our efforts have been unsuccessful.
7) state financial support given in the form of scholarships has stimulated.
8) By consistent hard work we have achieved the major economic objectives (目标) of the ninth five-year plan.
9) New machines were introduced into the factory. As a result, not only were time and energy saved but production was greatly increased.
10) The pressures of modern urban life have led to increased occurrences(发生)of alcoholism(酗酒)and drug abuse(吸毒), mental illness, suicide(自杀), and divorce in Western societies.
11) We note with satisfaction that all these activities have helped to promote mutual understanding and friendship between our two countries.
12) The damage done to manmade structures and to human beings by weather would be gone.
13) The population is leveling off (处于平衡状态) in the area as a result of family planning.
14) For large numbers of people, the absence of work is harmful to their health.