看生活大爆炸学英语第三季第十六集

【剧情介绍】宅男们的偶像举办签名会,Sheldon因超速不得不去法院交罚款,不仅错过了与偶像Stan Lee见面的机会还被关进监狱。Penny为此感到很内疚,擅自邀Sheldon来到Stan Lee的住所,最后Sheldon如愿以偿见到了偶像还获得了独一无二的签名。

1. Penny, I have an eidetic memory. Also, that's a picture of you in the passenger seat holding your dislocated shoulder.
Penny 我的记忆超群,而且这照片上有你,坐在副驾驶座位上托着你那只脱臼的手。

eidetic memory过目不忘,记忆超群。dislocated shoulder脱臼的手臂。

2. I've taken the liberty of scripting your appearance on the witness stand.
我冒昧地设计了你的证人台词。

take the liberty of冒昧的,擅自。witness stand证人席。

3. Because, let's face it, you're somewhat of a loose cannon.
因为事实证明你总是我行我素。

somewhat of 有点…;loose cannon我行我素不顾后果的人,一触即发的脾气

4. And yet you wound up in traffic court.
但是你却沦落到了交通法庭。

wound up in以…结尾,…的下场

5. I would point out that I am at the top of my profession, while you preside over the kiddy table of yours.
告诉你我可是我这行的杰出者而你只是这张儿童桌的头。

preside over管理,负责,主持。

6.Dr. Cooper, before I find you in contempt and throw you in jail, I'm going to give you a chance to apologize for that last remark.
库珀博士,在我宣判你藐视本庭并送你进监狱之前,我给你一次为刚才那句话道歉的机会。

in contempt藐视in contempt of不顾;不把…放在眼里;藐视

7. Okay, I'm cutting. I'm not gonna talk to Stan Lee after you cheese him off.
我要插队,我可不想在你把Stan Lee惹毛后跟他说话。

Cheese off 讨嫌,使人感到厌倦,沮丧失望。

8. -I need to use the restroom.
我要上厕所。

-Knock yourself out.
请便吧。

9. You're looking at a guy who could very well get stood up by a stray cat tonight.
在你面前是一位今晚很可能被流浪猫放鸽子的男士。

get stood up放鸽子