Man: Hey! Nice pants!
嘿!很棒的裤子

Woman: Excuse me?
什么?

Man: I said nice pants.
我说这裤子不错

Woman: You can’t see my pants, can you?
你看得到我的底裤?!

Man: Of course I can.
我当然可以

Woman: How can you see my pants?
你怎么能看到的

Man: They’re on your legs!
它们在你的腿上啊

Woman: Ha. You haven’t been to America recently, have you?
啊,你最近去过了美国是吗?

Man: Oh I er …I er actually just got back from LA! That’s “Los Angeles” by the way....
哦,事实上我刚从LA回来,就是洛杉矶

Woman: I know.
我知道

Man: Yeah, I picked up some of the American words, and now I forget which ones to use! So confusing!
我学了一些美国的单词,现在我忘了该用哪一种,好困惑啊

Woman: We call these “trousers” in Britain.
在英国我们管这叫trousers

Man: Of course we do...you know there are so many things …that’s it’s exactly a completely different language sometimes!
当然,你知道有很多东西...有时这根本像是完全不同的语言

Woman: Really?
真的吗

Woman: Would you like a crisp?
你想吃薯片吗

Man: Crisps? In the States, they’re “chips”!
crisps?在美国,薯片叫chips

Woman: Oh. So if I want to order our chips in America, what do I ask for?
噢。所以如果我想要在美国点薯条,我应该说什么

Man: French fries!
应该说French fries

Woman: I see.
我明白了

Man: And you know what that is, don’t you?
你知道那是什么吗

Woman: A fizzy drink.
汽水

Man: That’s a “soda”!
那叫作”soda”

Man: You know the lift over there?
知道那个电梯吗

Woman: Yeah?
嗯?

Man: That’s an elevator.
那叫做elevator

Woman: Oh really?
真的吗

Man: You know in the States, you don’t go to watch a film...
要知道在美国,看电影不是说watch a film

Woman: You “watch a movie”!
是watch a movie!

Man: Exactly! And you don’t walk on the pavement…
没错!你走的人行道也不叫pavement

Woman: You walk on the “sidewalk”!
那叫sidewalk吧

Man: You got it!
你答对了

Woman: I’ve watched a lot of films...oops...movies!
我看过很多电影呐