Legions of royal watchers would love to get their hands on one of the gold-embossed invitations sent to Prince William and Kate Middleton's 1,900 royal wedding guests.But few would go as far as Mexican teenager Estibalis Chavez, who has spent the last nine days on hunger strike to try to get herself on the exclusive list.
大批的王室观察者都希望收到一封威廉王子和凯特·米德尔顿送出的共1900封镶有金边的婚礼请柬，成为受邀嘉宾。但很少有人会像墨西哥女孩 Estibalis Chavez如此疯狂，竟绝食9天试图让自己成为受邀嘉宾名单一员。
Miss Chavez, a 19-year-old high school student, has set up camp outside the British Embassy in Mexico City in the hope the couple will hear of her vigil and send her an invitation to the ceremony in April.The self-described 'royalty fan' has spent the time painting pictures of the prince and Miss Middleton and giving out handwritten flyers. One reads 'are they going to let me die just because they wouldn't give me an invitation to the royal wedding?'Another bears a picture of the couple, who are to marry in Westminster Abbey on April 29, with the note 'it is my only dream'.She pitched her blue tent outside the building last week, and claims she has drunk only water for nine days.Cutting a forlorn figure in pigtails, glasses and woolly hat, Miss Chavez told reporters it was her childhood dream to go to the wedding and that her campaign was inspired by the late Princess Diana.She said: 'I think she was one of the most interesting women in history, and one of the best and most beautiful.'My mother was a big fan of Lady Di too and she died when I was born, so I promised myself I would attend her son's wedding.'
In a statement, the British Embassy confirmed staff were aware of her campaign, but said: 'Buckingham Palace regrets that there are no more spots available.'
However Miss Chavez blamed the embassy for not helping her end her vigil.She said:'They could talk to Britain for me but they haven't. But I'm going to stay here until I can't go on.'