1. That theory must go hand in hand withpractice is a principle_______( 这是我们应当牢记的一条原则 )
2. ________ (除了以身作则) , there ' s no betterway to teach children.
3. The more things a man is ashamed of, ________ (他就越受人尊敬) .
4. True wisdom consists not only in seeing whatis before your eyes, ________ (而且在于预见将来的事情) .
5. Not until people can completely trust you________ (你才能对他们产生积极的影响) .
6. If you can't think up a new idea, try finding _________. (一个方法更好的利用老的观点)
7. _________(为战争做好准备)is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
8.________ (如果全面考虑), work is less boring than amusing oneself.
9. They thought it a pity ________(没有邀请她).
10. Your character will have been completed _________(当生命走到尽头时).
11. The boss would be angry________ (假如老板发现你经常在办公室打私人长途电话)。
12. The journey took three days________ (比我们原先所预计的多用了)。
13. The old and young should be________ (尊重和照顾)。
14. (我为这些话所深深感动) ________I used them later for a Christmas card.
15. (这就全看) ________whether you support me.
1. we should always keep in mind
2. Apart from setting a good example
3. the more respectable he is.
4. but also in foreseeing what is to come
5. will you be able to positively influence them.
6. a way to make better use of an old idea.
7. To be prepared for war
8. Everything considered
9. not to have invited her
10. the time your life comes to an end.
11. if he should discover you often make personal long distance calls in the office.
12. longer than we had expected
13. respected and taken care of
14. I was so impressed by these words that
15. It all depends on
1. The substance does not dissolve in water _____ (不管是否加热).
2. Not only _____ (他向我收费过高), but didn't do a good repair job.
3. Your losses in trade this year are nothing _____ (与我相比).
4. On average, it is said, visitors spend only_____ (一半的钱) in a day in Leeds as in London.
5. By contrast, American mothers were more likely _____ (把孩子的成功归因于) natural talent
6. There is no rush now —— _____ (比赛已经取消了).
7. I'm not supposed to let anyone in without a card, _____ (但对你我就破一次例).
8. _____ (我们得把休假日推迟) until you're better.
9. Don't bother carrying all those things, _____ (我本不想给你添许多麻烦).
10. _____ (我不大想去参加那个聚会), but I'd better put in an appearance.
11.__________________ (直到失去健康) that people know the value of health.
12. The bag was stuffed____________________( 脏衣服)
13.___________________ (很多朋友不在)， we decided to put the meeting off.
14._______________________ (给我印象最深的) were her liveliness and sense of humor.
15. There engines are___________________ (不如我们制造的那些发动机功率大) .
1. whether (it is) heated or not
2. did he charge me too much
3. compared with mine
4. half as much (money)
5. to attribute their children's success to
6. the match has been called off
7. but I'll make an exception in your case
8. We'll have to put off (going on) vacation
9. I didn't mean to give you a lot of trouble
10. I don't really want to go to the party
11. It is not until they lose it
12. with dirty clothes
13. With many friends absent
14. What impressed me the most
15. less powerful than the ones we have made