1. Above all 最重要的是，most important of all
Above all, they’ll have to discover how much nitrogen it possesses since nitrogen is4/5 of the air breathe.
2. Account for 解释，说明
How do you account for the truth?
3. After all 终究，毕竟
We won’t be laid off after all.(1998-1)
4. Air /car crash 空难，车祸
5. Allergic to 过敏
I’m allergic to beef and mutton.
6. Appeal to 吸引，呼吁。
Could you tell me which position you think most appeals to you?
7. Apply for/to, application letter 申请，求职信
8. At ease 安逸，自由自在
I don’t know why he is ill at ease?心神不宁
9. Back up 支持，援助。
10. Beat the crowd 避开人群，避开高峰
The only to beat the crowds when you do the grocery shopping on Sunday is to be here when they open at 9 sharp.
11. Be aware of 意识到
I like people who are going about their daily business without being aware of the camera. 12. Behind the schedule/late
12. Be in charge of 负责，照顾，经管 be responsible for
13. Be in the charge of 下级+be in the charge of+上级
14. Be in season 应季的，当令的
15. These apples and pears seem to be in season.
16. Be supposed to do 应该，被期望
What am I supposed to do with his help?
17. Book up
Break down/doesn’t work
18. Bring up 教育，培养，提出
She brought up her children to be truthful.
19. Build up 积累，增强，树立
20. By chance/run into 偶然
21. By no means 绝不 /anything but
22. Check in/out
23. Come up 发生，出现，提出
24. Come up with 针对问题，挑战等提出，想出，赶上
I spent a whole week searching on the net, but came up with nothing valuable.
25. Concentrate on/focus on 集中
26. Deal with /cope with 处理
27. Drop in 顺便拜访
28. Drop out of 不参与，退出
They’re likely to drop out of school and less likely to succeed in life.
29. Eat one’s words 食言
30. Fall short of 达不到，不符合
Its results fell short of her expectation.
31. Figure out 搞清楚，弄明白
What I can’t figure out is how to make it work in my program.
32. Find out
33. Fit one’s need 满足某人需要
34. For ages/a long time
35. Get along with 进展
36. Get around 避开
37. Get used to 习惯于;使适应、
38. Use to do 过去常常
39. Go Dutch/split the bill/fifty-fifty/separate the bill
40. Go sightseeing
41. Go/keep on a diet
I’m on a diet recently, so I’d better skip the dessert.
42. Have a hard/difficult time with sth.
43. Have a temperature/fever
44. Have the final say:有决定权
45. Hold up 堵塞，持枪拦截，举起，拦截
Did you hear that the convenience store next to the gas station was held up last night?
46. In a good/terribly /mood
47. In the long run:长期来看
It seems very experience. But in the long run it will save the money on the maintenance.
48. Keep between the two of us:/keep a secret
49. Keep fit
50. Keep in touch with
51. Knock it off/stop
52. Lay off/fire
53. Lay off/fire
54. Let out:放走，泄露
55. Look for a needle in a haystack:大海捞针
56. Make a hit:获得成功
57. Make ends meet:使收支相抵
58. Make sense:有意义
59. Make up;补偿，化妆，补考
60. Meet each other half way: make an agreement
61. Move on:/go on/continue/keep on
62. Nothing but:只有
63. Anything but:绝不
64. Now that:既然
65. On earth:究竟
66. On purposes :有意，故意
67. Out of the world:/wonderful/amazing
68. Pull in;进站，靠岸
69. Pull through:痊愈，恢复健康
70. Put off/delay/
71. Put through:接通电话
72. Reach the bottom of the barrel: use up/run out of
73. Resign one’s post:/quit;辞职
74. Ring a bell:听起来很熟
75. Run off/copy
76. Sign up for/join in/register
77. Sneak up on sb.头头接近，靠近
78. Take …for granted 相当然地认为
79. Take one’s time 从容不迫
80. Take one’s word:./believe in sb./trust sb.
81. The reverse is also true 反之亦然
82. Tie up with/busy with
83. Tired of/get bored of
84. Under the weather 身体不舒服
85. Well-off/rich people
86. White elephant 无价值的东西，废物
87. White lie 善意的谎言
88. You bet 当然