中文中有一句俗语“小心驶得万年船”,其实在英语中也有对应的说法哦。一起来看看《我们这一天》的这个片段吧。

 

对话原文

 

You're here.

你来了

You're a genius.

你真聪明

Where's Sophie?

索菲呢

It's warm.

酒都不凉了

Yeah, sorry. I've been out here for a while.

抱歉 我在外面呆了很久

I've been thinking about the whole New York thing,

我一直在想去纽约的事

and, um, you were right.

你说得对

It's a stupid idea, so I can stay here with you...

这个想法很蠢 我可以留下来陪你

No. No way.

不 不行

You're going.

你一定要去

It's not your job to stay here and protect me.

你没有义务留下来保护我

Okay, not anymore.

以后都不用了

Just... just promise me that

不过 你要向我保证

if some weird guy asks you to audition for a movie

如果有奇怪的男人让你去他家地下室

in his basement...

给电影试镜 

...you run. Okay?

你赶紧跑 知道吗

-Better safe than sorry, pretty boy. -Okay.

-小心驶得万年船 帅哥 -好

Randall, get over here.

兰德尔 快过来

Why are you lurkingcreeper?

你站在那儿偷窥什么呢

I thought you two were about to lean in for a kiss or something.

我以为你们俩接下来要亲了呢

Shut up, dude.

胡说什么呢

Weird.. that high school's over.

感觉很奇怪 高中就这样结束了

-Yeah. -Yeah.

-是啊 -是啊

What do you think's gonna happen to us?

你觉得我们将来会怎样

What do you mean?

什么意思

Like, are we gonna hang out much?

比如 我们以后会经常见面吗

Like, you know, when we get older.

就是长大了之后

Barbecue.

一起吃烧烤

Celebrate our kids' birthdays. Spend the holidays together.

庆祝孩子们的生日 一起度假什么的 

- Of course. - I don't know.

-当然 -说不好

Kevin.

凯文

I mean, you two will

我知道

obviously end up sharing an apartment or something.

你们俩以后肯定要住在一间公寓里

What are you talking about?

你这是什么意思

It's the Big Three, okay,

我们是三个小家伙

-not the Big Two. - No.

-不是两个 -不

You two got your own thing, and I don't want any part of what's going on there.

你们俩之间有特别的感情 我不想瞎掺和

Yeah, 'cause Mom would probably get jealous.

是啊 因为那样妈妈可能会吃醋

Probably.

也许吧

Hey, well I'm gonna head out.

好 我先走了

Okay.

 

今日重点:

 

天才:genius

没门:no way

试镜:audition。既可以作动词也可作名词表示“试镜”

地下室:basement

小心驶得万年船:Better safe than sorry.直译就是“安全总比后悔好”

潜伏:lurk。既可作动词也可作名词

倾斜:lean in

闭嘴:shut up

烧烤:barbecue。也会经常缩写成BBQ

最终会:end up doing

嫉妒的:jealous。名词是jealousy,嫉妒

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号