你知道英语中的“贿赂”怎么说吗?看看《闻香识女人》的这个片段是怎么说的吧。

对话原文

 

I was offered a bribe.

有人贿赂我 

Oh, now we're cooked.

有点开窍了 

Mr. Trask, the headmaster.

校长垂斯克先生 

He promised to get me into Harvard.

答应让我进哈佛 

If you squeal.

只要你告密 

What a dilemma.

真是悲剧 

Should Charlie Simms accept a free ride into Harvard or not?

查理·西门该不该搭便车进哈佛 

What do you think your friend George would do if he were in your shoes?

易地而处 你觉得乔治会怎么做 

He is, practically.

他一定会 

How?

怎么说 

I mean, it's just that Mr.Trask hasn't promised to get him into Harvard.

垂克斯先生没说要送他进哈佛 

Mr.Trask doesn't have to.

他没必要

George's father's gonna take care of that.

乔治的爹会想办法的 

Do the deal, Charlie.

点头吧 查理 

Take it. Go to Harvard.

进哈佛去 

I can't do that.

我不能这么做 

Why not?

为什么不能

It's just some things you just can't do.

有些事你就是不能做 

Explain them to me.

解释给我听 

Louder, please.

大声一点 拜托 

I can't...

我不能 

You're gonna have a tough time in this world, Charlie.

你在这世上 可要吃苦头了

 

今日重点:

 

贿赂:bribe。除了作名词的贿赂,还可以作动词,“向……行贿”,bribe sb

校长:headmaster

承诺:promise to do sth

告密:squeal。作动词这个词还表示“惊声尖叫”,作名词表示“尖叫声”

进退两难:dilemma

免费搭车:a free ride。引申为“占便宜”

处于某人的位置:in one's shoes。本义为“穿着某人的鞋子”

接受这笔交易:do the deal

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号