数学中有一个很常用的规律“四舍五入”,你知道它如何用英语表达吗?看看《极品老妈》里是怎么说的吧。

对话原文

Bonnie, you were amazing.

邦妮 你太棒了 

I mean, hearing you made me actually think

听到你的故事让我觉得 

I could stay sober.

我可以戒瘾 

Thanks.

谢谢 

No, you don't understand.

不 你不明白 

I've been in and out for years,

我戒了又喝 喝了又戒好多年 

and I've never felt like this.

从未有过这样的感受 

The way you talked about your daughter

你谈到你女儿的那些事 

really touched me.

真的感动了我 

I've got a little girl, but she got taken away.

我也有个小女孩 但她被带走了 

Lives with my mom while I'm trying to get clean.

在我努力戒瘾时跟我妈妈住一起 

But ever since she left,

但是自从她离开后 

I-I can't put more than three days together.

我都没法坚持三天不喝酒 

I thought you said you had ten days.

你刚不是说你戒瘾十天了吗

I was rounding up. I have one.

我四舍五入了 其实就一天

 

今日重点:

清醒的,未醉的:sober

进进出出:in and out。在这里形容的是“进进出出戒酒所”

戒瘾:get clean。clean这个词不仅可以表示“干净”。很多特工电影里会说“I'm clean”,表示“我没有被跟踪/窃听”

四舍五入:round。这个词不止表示“圆的”,也可表示“取整”

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号