经常能听到父母教育孩子时,孩子想反驳,父母会说“别和我顶嘴”。那你知道如何用英语说这句话吗?看看《极品老妈》里是怎么说的吧。

对话原文:

Maybe you don't know,

也许你不知道 

but we are in a crisis with that young man

但我们跟那男孩有一场危机 

and you're sitting here getting drunk in front of him!

而你坐在这里 在他面前喝醉 

I'm not getting drunk.

我没有喝醉 

I'm getting happy.

我是在找乐子 

You're making drinking look cool.

你这是让喝酒看起来很酷 

I make everything look cool,

我让一切都看起来很酷 

it's what I do.

我就是这样 

Don't you sass me!

别跟我顶嘴 

Don't you talk to me like I'm a six-year-old.

别把我当六岁小孩一样跟我说话 

Nobody told me I can't drink in front of the kid.

没人跟我说我不能在那孩子面前喝酒 

What's going on?

怎么了 

Why didn't you tell him

你为什么不告诉他 

he couldn't drink in front of Roscoe?

他不能在罗斯科面前喝酒 

Because that's stupid,

因为那很蠢 

and I don't say stupid things.

我不说蠢话 

Sure you do.

你说的 

Wait, we're on the same side.

等等 我们是同一边的 

Oh, so now there are sides?

现在分边了吗 

Everyone against me?

大家都反对我吗 

We're not against you, it's just that

我们没有反对你 只是 

you're trying to raise your kid like

你养孩子的方式是 

he's the boy in the plastic bubble.

把他当成塑料泡泡里的孩子

 

今日重点:

身处危机之中:be in a crisis

顶嘴:sass。非正式,常用于美式口语。比较正式的说法可以说talk back。别顶嘴:Don't talk back to me!

我们是一帮的:we are on the same side

反对:be against sb。“Everyone against me”,口语中省略了be动词

抚养:raise

塑料:plastic

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号